Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My favorite SL DJ

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Erewhon Yoshikawa


I maintain a small shop in Drax, wherein I sell the stuff that mostly I made before I started working for Averlast (if you've had a yearning for a Cthulhu av that you can dress up, I'm your man). My landlady, a wonderfully artistic woman named Aki Shichiroji, also maintains a small club a couple hundred meters overhead that goes by the name of Tiphares.

Tiphares features live DJs for entertainment, but usually the events are on a little to late for this working stiff to attend. That's not the case with the weekend stylings of Erewhon Yoshikawa. I try to make her shows whenever I can, and try to show my appreciation of her efforts, both in chat and through her tip jar.

Erewhon's sets are fun, quirky sessions. A standout song for me was a remake of the Talking Heads song "Burning Down the House" that was done by The Cardigans and Tom Jones. Where she finds this stuff, I don't know, nor do I care. All I know is that it's fun to listen to.

No comments: