Tuesday, January 20, 2009

His first day: A proper welcome



Pete Seeger and Bruce Springsteen, "This Land is Your Land"

Today's low point: Rick Warren doing his best to look like Jerry Falwell with a shitty goatee droning out platitudes, sounding very much like the outgoing administration in his attempts to inspire. About as effective, too.

Today's high point: Obama's - excuse me - President Barack Hussein Obama's inaugural address. It was the anti-invocation, like Johnny in "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" saying: "Well, you're pretty good, old son!/ But set yourself down in that there chair and let me show you how it's done!"

Fire on the mountain, indeed.

But now I just wanna sing along:

This land is your land, this land is my land
From California, to the New York Island
From the redwood forest, to the gulf stream waters
This land was made for you and me...

No comments: