Friday, January 2, 2009

Fighting tonight.

Tonight all of us remaining Averlast heavyweights get together for one big tournament to decide who gets to be the next heavyweight champion. Given my long layover from the ring, I'm oddly serene about it.

This may have something to do with the fact that I already had my performance-anxiety-related meltdown last week. It helps to get those things out of the way early, I guess.

Readers who've been with me for a while (all two of you, that I know of) know that I've written about what gets under my skin when I do poorly in a fight: Not the thought of losing, but of giving less than what I think I am capable of doing. At least, that's what I tell myself, but there is precedent for my thinking it.

So here's my prediction for who goes home with the belt tonight: Not me. But I aim to give it my best shot.

No comments: