Thursday, May 22, 2008

Light, sun, air. Bodyslams, clotheslines, piledrivers.

I've yet to take in a Second Life Championship Wrestling (SLCW) show, much to my regret. It sounds like a lot of fun. Fortunately, they've posted a video of their latest event so that absentees like myself can catch the action as well (and don't hesitate to check it out; also-an-Averlast-boxer Paula Wilcox is featured in the main event).

But what I'm really here to talk about today is not so much SLCW, but the new arena that houses it. Builder Eric Stuart created for them a nice piece of architecture that, to my mind, embodies the principles enshrined by the German architects of the Bauhaus: "Licht, Sonne, Luft," or "Light, Sun, Air".

Unlike many buildings in SL, the new SLCW arena has a definite sense of place. You could picture walking into this building in real life to catch a show.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The main lobby of the arena



The arena itself is also an aesthetic treat, attention to detail being paid without making the place seem cluttered.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Where the action takes place.



I'm sure I'll have more to say about SLCW once I actually manage to take in the experience myself, but for now I'm content to admire the house until I catch the show.

No comments: