Thursday, February 7, 2008

Because it's my blog and I'll post a bunch of Concrete Blonde videos if I want to.

"Joey" is far too played out, though, especially considering how much there is out there that isn't in heavy rotation...

God Is a Bullet:


I saw the Blonde play live in Nashville while I was still in the Army. Johnette preceded this song with a statement about gun control, a not un-gutsy move in the South. Predictably, a "fuck you!" erupted from the crowd, from a guy in front of me. The guy was well within swinging range of Johnette's bass guitar, so that wasn't entirely un-gutsy of him as well.

Still In Hollywood:


Weirdly, the version of this song that I'm most familiar with came off of an EP collection with entirely different lyrics. So finding out about the "real" version kind of threw me.

Bloodletting:


This may come as a shock to you, but I used to have an all-black wardrobe. I know, I know, you can't believe it...

No comments: