Sunday, November 2, 2008

Congratulations, Paula, and Dalph

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


So my friend Paula got married (or virtually so, depending on how you look at it, I guess) yesterday. I had been invited to a couple of Second Life marriages before, but this was the first one to which I actually made it. Bought a tux and everything for the event (I didn't trust myself to find anything suitable for the wedding's theme, which was Arthurian, so I went with looking like a copper-plated James Bond, haha).

Like I said, my first SL wedding, so I didn't know a few details, like it's not necessary to stand when the bride enters. That one came as a bit of a surprise to me, but given SL's tendency to sometimes have people flailing uncontrollably in freefall position when all they wanted to do was get out of their seats, not entirely shocking.

The ceremony was held in an open-air pavillion in a rented private sim, with dancing, a live DJ, and an open bar in a nearby reception hall. It was all quite lovely, and I hope that it bodes well for the future of the happy couple to have such a picture-perfect beginning.

Special tip for Dalph: Given that Paula is an Averlast boxer, SLCW pro wrestler, a big wheel at RAGE Fighting, and probably involved in a lot of fisticuff-related stuff that I don't even know about yet, if I were you, I'd remember those two little words that guarantee a happy marriage: "Yes, dear."

No comments: