Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Some boxing posters from the past few weeks

poster


This one was a bit of a rush job. Don't ask me why a disco theme, of all things. Zak Renfort was kind enough to take the pictures of the fighters when I couldn't get inworld in time to do it myself. I love karynn's "wait'll they get a load of me" smile contrasted with Ald's expression. To me that look says nothing else but: "One day, my army of atomic supermen will take over the world!"

poster


This was a fun event. Basically all of our ring girls who were willing to do so got together to have their own mini tournament (Shan won). And speaking of awful-yet-fun movies, the poster was supposed to be inspired by one for one of those trashy Russ Meyer flicks (Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! - yes, that was the title). I'm not sure I succeeded with it, but it was a fun little change-up from the usual two-person match format.

poster


Can't you almost hear the strains of Also Sprach Zarathustra? Another fun one to make, and I had enough of a window to take my time with it.

poster


I have to say that I'm proudest of this one, not just because it's part of a fundraiser for cancer that Averlast was proud to participate in, but also because it's a bit more of a technical achievement. A little playing with contrast made a lot of difference in conveying the mood of the piece.

No comments: