Thursday, April 23, 2009

Little bits and things.

A few items of business to bat around, mainly because I'm feeling blog-conscious about not having posted anything in a while...

Jaunty Jackalope - Canonical has released the latest version of Ubuntu, so that means that some time in the very near future I'll be disappearing from SL and all related internet activities for about a day or so while I download and install it. In return for the long wait I'll get shorter boot times and (hopefully) general improvement upon perfection.

Morituri te salutant - While Averlast has made the move to mixed martial arts in addition to the regular boxing action, my own skills in that particular field of endeavor have been, erm, less than inspiring. But with a little help from friends, I've been slowly making the climb from "resident punching bag" to "nominal resident punching bag." For that I'd like to thank Crush, Britney, and Ferenc for the advice, sparring sessions, and suppressing their laughter until they could switch off voice.

"I turn the switch and check the number/I leave it on when in bed I slumber" - Averlast just made an advertising buy with SL radio station TurboDJ.com. TurboDJ reaches about 40 sims with classic rock of the bang-your-head school, and I couldn't be happier with the arrangement. The DJ's and staff are incredibly cool people to work with (despite my inability to keep my foot out of my mouth whenever we talk). Desiree Whalen will be also broadcasting live from the Averlast MMA events on Saturdays. Just to give you an idea of how cool Desiree is in my book, I requested "Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, and not only did she play that, but she followed it up immediately with "Cherry Bomb" by Jett's old band, The Runaways. The header for this item is a lyric from Wall of Voodoo's "Mexican Radio," by the way.

No comments: